Once completed, Mail or deliver completed application to:
Your request must include:
- Name and Registered address
- Election you are requesting: Primary Election
- Date of birth
- Your complete legal signature
- Either your Ohio driver’s license number or the last four digits of your social security number
- Or one of the following forms of voter identification:
- A copy of your Ohio driver’s license
- A copy of an identification card issued by the State of Ohio or the United States government
- An original or copy of a utility bill
- An original or copy of a bank statement
- An original or copy of a paycheck
- An original or copy of a government check
When will I get my ballot?
Under Ohio law, ballots will be mailed the first day of early voting.
When should I return my ballot?
All voted absentee ballots must be returned by mail, or hand-delivered to the Board of Elections’ office by 7:30 p.m. on Election Day.
When should my ballot be postmarked by?
Ballots postmarked the day before the election will be counted if received by the Board of Elections up to 10 days following the election. (Overseas ballots can be postmarked on Election Day.)
Other Helpful Links
The Board of Elections is here to help. Whether you are a citizen or a candidate, we provide the information you need to participate in Ohio elections.
Even abroad, citizens can exercise their right to vote. If you are on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces outside the state, you, your spouse and dependents may vote by an armed service absentee ballot if you meet the requirements.